Using motion graphics or animation in your next video can make all the difference. There are some important reasons that people choose to use motion graphics in their videos:
- Enhanced communication – Animation can be used to help an audience easily understand complex ideas or topics through short, visual animated sequences.
- Visual attractiveness – Using the right animations or motion graphics in your video can really enhance the energy and flow of your presentation, while maintaining a high quality and professional look.
- Eliminate the need for filming – In some cases, it may be more practical or efficient to create your visual assets through animation, rather than filming
Animation can add that little touch of polish or flavour to your next video. It can be used in many different types and styles of video to suit any taste.
Some different types of animations are:
- Motion graphics – They can be used to make text, 2d objects or footage a little more dynamic and interesting.
- Opening titles and Lower 3rds – This type of animation can give your corporate video a more professional feel, while still being entertaining and interesting. “Lower 3rds” refers to titles that accompany footage with the subjects name and/or position on the lower 3rd of the scene.
- 2D animation – Short 2D animations can simplify complex subjects, or convey long-term statistics or goals.
When used correctly, animation and motion graphics can add visual flair and professionalism to your video. Animation can really help an idea or concept solidify in your audiences mind in a simple and entertaining way. This can be achieved without pushing your budget up unnecessarily, or creating style over substance. The team at Dream Engine will ensure that our animations will enhance your video production perfectly. Contact us to learn more about motion graphics and how it can help your next video.
Ryan Spanger is one of Melbourne’s most respected and sought-after video production professionals. Ryan founded Dream Engine in 2001, and specializes in helping medium to large corporates, government departments, and the non-proﬁt sector to connect with their audience by using video.