What is a Home Page Video?
Do you have a 1 minute website video of you explaining to your prospects who you are and what you do? A video ‘elevator pitch’ is one of the most powerful marketing tools you can have for the home page of your website or social media profiles.
But being brief can be a challenge. Apparently Mark Twain once said, “I didn’t have time to write you a short letter, so I wrote you a long one.”
We regularly help clients with this challenge. It helps to have a formula. Here’s a home page video we made for our client, Studio1 Design:
Home Page Video Script Formula
(try to answer each question in one sentence).
1. Who are you and what do you do? (clear and direct)
2. Why should people listen to you? (it’s vital to establish your authority early on. Abandon half hearted attempts at false modesty, and talk yourself up :))
3. Who do you help, and what problem do you solve? (when you can articulate your prospect’s challenge even more clearly than they do, they will ascribe you with having the solution.
4. What are the implications of this problem, and why does it need to be solved now? (remind viewers of the importance of taking action)
5. What do you actually do? (can you capture your methodology in one sentence?)
6. What results should prospects expect once they’re working with you?(what will it feel like once you’re helping them solve their problems?)
7. What should viewers do next? (tell them clearly what action to take e.g. contact you, sign up etc)
Can you distill your offer into 1 compelling minute of video?
Ryan Spanger is one of Melbourne’s most respected and sought-after video production professionals. Ryan founded Dream Engine in 2002, and specialises in helping medium to large corporates, government departments, and the non-proﬁt sector to connect with their audience more effectively by using video.