Here’s a way you can repurpose event video footage to get content out on Social media easily, quickly and inexpensively.
Repurpose Event Video Content
Have you or your team presented live at a conference, event or even a livestream webinar? And do you have a recording of it? If so, there’s a lot more value that you can extract from this video. Because you can break it up and repurpose it on social media as thought leadership content.
Here’s what you do:
- Find a segment from the video where you share something interesting that would be useful to your audience.
- Add an attention-grabbing headline at the top of the video
- Insert subtitles below. Because these days, a lot of people prefer to watch videos with the sound off
- Insert your logo.
- And add your name and title
- You may even want to add a call-to-action at the end of the video
You now have a great piece of content that’s perfect for sharing on Social Media, as well as your blog. And the great thing is that you can mine the same original recording to produce many 2 minute videos as part of a series.
If you know your way around an edit suite, and you have the time, this is something you can learn to do yourself. Or, a professional video production company can take care of for you.
Either way, it gives you an easy way to stay active on Social Media, and to share useful content.
If you would like help with repurposing some of your existing content to make short social media videos, get in touch, and we’ll be happy to help.
Ryan Spanger is one of Melbourne’s most respected and sought-after video production professionals. Ryan founded Dream Engine in 2002, and specialises in helping medium to large corporates, government departments, and the non-proﬁt sector to connect with their audience more effectively by using video.