What is Remote Video Production?
Remote video production is an approach to making videos where the entire process happens online. Instead of sending a film crew, filming takes place remotely using a webcam and a popular online meeting application like Zoom or Skype.
Why Use Remote Video Production?
We originally started making these videos for clients when they needed to interview people in other States or countries, but didn’t have the budget to send a camera crew.
The Covid-19 health crisis prompted increased demand for this type of approach because of lockdown and safety requirements.
While these videos obviously don’t have the same production values as content filmed by a professional camera crew, there are times where this type of recording is sufficiently high quality.
And most importantly, this approach works very well from a convenience and budget point of view.
Can I Just Make Remote Videos Myself
There is nothing to stop you producing these videos in-house if you have the resources, and are familiar with video editing. We recommend using a professional video production company because:
- We will assist you to get the best quality lighting, sound and framing
- We will direct the recording session to make sure that you capture the right content
- We will edit the videos, and add titles, captions, logos and music to make your videos look professional
- By leaving it to the professionals, you can focus your resources on what you do best
What types of Videos Can We Make With Remote Video Production?
- Short content marketing videos for social media and blogs – We’ll help you to create a series of Thought Leadership videos that you can distribute on Linkedin or publish on your website
- Training videos featuring a presenter speaking to the camera. We will insert onscreen text to emphasise key ideas, as well as relevant still images
- Client case studies and testimonials – Capture the experiences of your clients. They will serve as powerful endorsements to share with prospects considering using or service or products
- Sales Videos – Create videos to be used as part of an online sales funnel, webinar promotion, thank you video etc
If you need remote video production, get in touch to discuss further.
Ryan Spanger is one of Melbourne’s most respected and sought-after video production professionals. Ryan founded Dream Engine in 2002, and specialises in helping medium to large corporates, government departments, and the non-proﬁt sector to connect with their audience more effectively by using video.