Educational videos are an excellent tool to help teach an audience about your topic, service or product. More and more often, Schools, Universities and Training Organisations in Melbourne have made educational videos an important part of their teaching approach.
Some of the benefits of using educational videos are:
- Grab the attention of your audience by providing content through an entertaining medium.
- Easily delivered to an audience through your website, attached to an email, video hosting websites (i.e. YouTube) as well as DVD or hard-drive.
- Allow people who may not speak English very well to better understand the topic or product, via helpful visuals or subtitles.
- Some people may learn better though visual means, or through hearing, you can reach audience, with both visual and audio cues that deliver a clear and concise message.
- Provides visual demonstration of your concept or product.
- Be able to tap into your audience’s emotions more effectively.
A great example of a business that has used educational video video to help inform their audience is the Australian Technical Management College: a Melbourne based TAFE. Their video targets overseas students, to show exactly what to expect if they enrolled at ATMC. By teachers explaining college classes and past students giving testimonials about the campus and life in Melbourne in this educational video, they were able to better reach and educate potential students more effectively and persuasively than if delivered in a pamphlet or letter.
Educational video is one of many ways to deliver content to an audience. But the benefits of video over a pdf document or static web page are outstanding. With the right balance between entertainment, information and clarity, a video can be the best teaching tool in your arsenal.
To discuss your plans for your upcoming educational video, contact our Melbourne video production studio today.