Hybrid Events – Share video of your event with people who can’t be there live
Conferences, corporate events and awards nights are a great way to bring people together, share ideas and acknowledge excellence. And the more inclusive and accessible the event is, the broader the audience is that attends. Hybrid events enable audience to easily attend your event – whether in-person or online. Combining a live event with virtual access by a live streaming company is becoming increasingly popular.
For a discussion about how to add a livestreaming component to your in-person event, contact us to learn more about our Hybrid Event Service.
What is a Hybrid Event?
A Hybrid Event is a single event that combines a live and virtual experience. People can attend in-person, or they can access it virtually via a live stream. Attendees can access a live video feed of presentations. You can also add additional interactive functionality such as the ability to pose questions, interact with other virtual attendees or participate in an online poll. Of course, hybrid events also give you the opportunity of streaming pre-recorded video to your online audience. As well as posting short clips and video summaries to social media.
You only have one chance to get it right, and it’s vital that everything flows smoothly and reliably. 67% of event organisers say that technology to ensure a smooth experience is a challenge or concern. With many years of experience in live event videos and web streaming, Dream Engine has the skills, equipment and knowledge to help produce a high level Hybrid Event.
Why are Hybrid Events so Effective?
– You can reach a larger audience
– Attendees have the option to attend in-person or online
– You can add interactive components
– People can access a video recording after the event
– You can harvest footage from the event to create social media content
Case Study: AUSactive
In September 2023, Dream Engine was contracted by AUSactive – Australia’s peak body for the exercise and active health sector for a hybrid event for the annual awards program. The AUSactive National Awards Program consists of a series of state-based events showcasing state finalists for the majority of categories and state winners. Their National Gala event was held at Zinc Federation Square in Melbourne.
Being a national organisation with members across Australia, some were not able to travel to Melbourne to attend the awards ceremony. As well as that, tickets for the event sold out. Which made having online coverage of the event essential.
Dream Engine streamed multi-camera coverage of the event to a national audience. Additionally, we shot behind the scenes content for social media.
How to make a great Hybrid Event Video Production
1. Invest plenty of time in planning: We work through the schedule in detail with our clients prior to the event to get a clear picture of exactly what will be happening on the day, who needs a microphone on and when etc. It’s vital to make sure everyone is on the same page so there are no surprises.
2. We talk to everyone involved: From the facility manager to AV company and anyone else that’s involved in the event, we ensure that we collaborate will with all parties.
3. Backup and redundancy: In a perfect world technology would always run smoothly. We make sure we’re not single source dependent so that if a rare technical glitch arises we can work around it e.g. having two computers to run the stream, multiple internet connections, multiple cameras and microphones etc
To learn more about our Melbourne hybrid event video service, get in touch today.
Ryan Spanger is one of Melbourne’s most respected and sought-after video production professionals. Ryan founded Dream Engine in 2002, and specialises in helping medium to large corporates, government departments, and the non-proﬁt sector to connect with their audience more effectively by using video.